KetoFresh Organic Quinoa (White)
- Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is recognized as one of the ancient grains. Incas in Andes consume as a staple diet and calls "the mother of all grains".
- Quinoa is one of the few plant sources with complete protein.
- Quinoa contains all nine of the essential amino acids your body needs.
- It's suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Our product is Saponin free
Health benefits –
- They are high in "Quality proteins".
- It is high in fibre and low in carbohydrate.
- It is Gluten-free, cholesterol-free.
- It is high in vitamins and minerals
- It aids in weight loss.
To prepare quinoa, cover it with seasoned water, stock, or vegetable broth, bring it to a boil, then put a tight-fitting lid on the pot, and turn the heat down to low. Simmer it until it softens, about 15 minutes; look for the tiny spirals of the germ to appear, a sign that it's done. Rest for about 10 minutes, and then fluff it with a fork to separate the grains. Or use your rice cooker, with a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water.
Use quinoa in just about any recipe calling for rice or another whole grain, such as rice salads, couscous recipes, or pilafs. If you keep some cooked quinoa on hand in either the fridge or freezer, you are always ready to toss it into any dish for added texture, body, and nutrition.
- Note: You should rinse quinoa before cooking it to remove the outer coating, called saponin, which can leave a bitter and soapy taste. Our quinoa is packed after removing the Saponin, but it's a good idea to do it again at home just to make sure you've washed it all away. You'll need a fine-mesh sieve so you don't lose the tiny seeds down the drain.